AL-BAHRIAH INSURANCE & REINSURANCE S.A.L.
and bulk carriers. Transportation of such cargoes may require the following essential mandatory requirements in
STOWAGE AND SEGREGATION
- Mandatory for entry of individual cargoes.
- Mandatory for prevention of dangerous contamination with other cargoes and/or materials.
- Mandatory dry holds for cargoes that react with water, emit gases, decompose or generate corrosion.
- Mandatory for prohibition or restriction of loading and/or discharging during precipitation of cargo
which may liquefy upon reaction with water.
- Mandatory limitation of moisture content for cargoes which may liquefy at shipment.
- Mandatory limitation of temperature of dangerous goods of class 4.2 or similar at shipment.
- Mandatory limitation of electric equipment use in holds for goods of class 5.1 or similar materials.
- Mandatory limitation of operation of fuel oil during handling goods of class 5.1 or similar materials.
- Mandatory certificate of cargo properties.
- Mandatory gas monitoring and recording.
- Mandatory breathing apparatus, protective clothing or other equipment for toxic cargoes.
- Mandatory in relation to dust of toxic and abrasive properties of cargoes.
- Mandatory mechanical ventilation with sufficient number of fans.
- Mandatory prevention of water ingress into holds for cargoes that react with water.
- Mandatory temperature monitoring of dangerous goods of class 4.2 and similar material.
- Mandatory design and/or special construction of ships with installation of special equipment.
Owners and Managers who are in doubt of the carriage of any IMDG are advised to contact
Al-Bahriah who shall provide adequate safety recommendations and
|© Al-Bahriah Insurance & Reinsurance S.A.L. - Email: firstname.lastname@example.org - Phone: +961 1 336633 - Fax: +961 1 612311
Address: 770, Al-Bahriah House, Hotel Dieu Avenue, Beirut - Lebanon
" Prevention by all means... for Protection "
البحــــــريـــــــة للضمـــــــان واعـــــــادة الضمــــــــان ش.م.ل